Sunday 13 January 2013

Sunday Morning

So I've done my first trip to church and I managed to get through the door without bursting into flames. Joking aside it was a nice service. We sung a few hymns, listened to the vicar for a bit then I took Amelia to the playgroup while hubby stayed with Ayrton in the church. In the playgroup we did a couple of child-like hymns and some nursery rhymes then they had a biscuit and a bible story and did some colouring in and played with some toys. It was then back to the church for another hymn and the notices. Very pleasant all in all.

I saw a lot of mums there that I already knew, who said there were plenty of new faces today, and one mum who I met for the first time who straight away asked me if I was planning on putting Amelia in the nursery attached to the church. I was surprised that she came straight with a blatant question but it kinda proves we're all there for one thing.



Hubby, who is religious, thoroughly enjoyed the service and even took communion, in some ways this makes me feel better about my heresy as he really wants to be there. At the end of the service we signed the register to say we had attended so we are now one tick towards our required 27 so Amelia can get into the school. Daniel pointed out that we were new and the registrar said good so it seems they're under no illusions why we are there particularly as we have a pre-schooler in tow. I guess they're just happy to have new people joining the church, and when the underlying message is do unto to others as you would have them do to you, it can't be a bad thing. - spoken like a true convert!

No comments:

Post a Comment