Saturday 12 January 2013

One of 'those' days

On my way home from a brief shopping trip today, I decided to take a slight detour and get the bus home. I was feeling lazy and cold and Ayrton was due his lunch so I took a gamble and decided to wait 15 minutes for the next bus. When it arrived the driver was unable to let me on as he already had too many buggys. the next bus was another 20 minutes away and could also be full so I decided to take the train which meant dragging the buggy up about 50 steps to a delayed train and more hanging about in the cold.
Having been late for nursery this morning, I hadn't had time to clear up after breakfast so arrived home tired and stressed to a dirty kitchen with only half an hour to get me and Ayrton lunch and then get back in the car to pick Amelia up from nursery.
Somedays, being a mum is the most exhausting thing I've ever done. But once I get Amelia home and I'm playing Gruffalo games with her as Ayrton giggles at her leaping around, its totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment